The leadership staff at Girl Scouts of Colorado outdoor programs believes in the power of every girl and they love to see girls unleash their inner go-getter, innovator, risk-taker, and leader at camp! They also get to have loads of fun!
We sat down with each of them to ask some key camp questions ...
1) Favorite Camp Song
2) Favorite Girl Scout Cookie
3) Best camp memory
4) Dream vacation destination
5) Because of camp I….
Hi, I’m Pebbles! My job is one of the best at camp: I’m in charge of organizing all the fun things you get to do at camp (aka: Assistant Camp Director of Program). I attended Sky High Ranch as a camper for 10 years, and have been privileged to work in my dream job for the last 10-ish years at SHR! I love watching the sunset from Ranch Mountain, splashing around in the pond, flying down the zip line, and snuggling with Homer at the farm! Sky High is my favorite place to be all year long!
1) On the Loose
3) Stargazing in Mystic Meadows
5) Because of camp I am a stronger, more confident woman!
Hi, I’m Ruddy and I’m the Fun Coordinator (AKA the Camp Director) here at Sky High Ranch! When I’m not out on the stand-up paddle boards, or zipping down the zip line, I can usually be found around the campfire, building a monster s’more. I love camp and I love adventure, so of course, Sky High is my favorite place ever!
2) Thin Mints
3) The Disastrous Llama Backpacking Trip
5) Because of camp I learned how to take positive risks with no fear
Hi! My name is Obi Joe and I am the Camp Director at Tomahawk Ranch! I love campfires with s’mores, all of our super fun and fluffy barn animals, stargazing, horseback riding and HARRY POTTER! I can’t wait to camp with every one of you!
1) Funky Chicken
3) Gazing at the stars with my best friend dreaming about being a Camp Director one day
4) Disney World with friends and family
5) Because of camp I am the person I am today!
My camp name is Marshmello, Marshy for short. I am the Assistant Camp Director at Tomahawk Ranch. My favorite camp activities include archery, arts and crafts, and s'more making. Camp is my home! After summer is over I live on the camp property year-round helping troops plan awesome weekends away at Tomahawk. Can’t wait to meet you this summer!
1) "On The Loose"
2) Every year I never seem to buy enough Samoas
3) I started Girl Scouts as a Daisy and earned my Gold Award in 2006
4) Canoeing 26 miles of the Buffalo National River in Arkansas
5) Because of Camp I have spent the past five summers at Tomahawk Ranch and a whopping total of 15 summer seasons working at Girl Scout Camps.
Hey there! I’m Sunshine and I help manage our volunteer-run Day Camps, direct our Troop Camps and support other outdoor programs across the state. In the summers, you can find me driving across the state visiting and running outdoor programs, loudly cheering around the campfire, giggling over some group games or frolicking in the woods with troops! I love to meet new Girl Scout friends and I hope to meet you or your troop at camp this summer!
1) Go Bananas!
2) Samoas, I am a coconut girl all the way
3) Leading a troop in a hike from Meadow Mountain Ranch into Rocky Mountain National Park for their first time
4) Peru for the hiking, but Italy for the eating!
5) Because of camp I learned the value of a being a part of a positive community
Hi! I'm Minnie! I absolutely LOVE camp and being outside! Camp is at the heart of everything I do. It’s where I have met some of my very best friends! Fun Facts: I have a horse and a dog whom I love with all my heart! I have lived among hobbits in The Shire and visited Narnia (New Zealand)!
1) Black socks, Great Big Moose, Linger
2) Thin Mints
3) There are SO many. As a camper: doing a trust fall off a 10’ ladder in front of the whole camp!
5) Because of camp I am – complete. I am a strong, confident, happy person who wishes to enrich the lives of others around me because of camp.